After a year of sawdust withdrawals, I’m getting my fix again. We’ve been setting up our workspace over the past couple months, and last week we started making.
Most of our equipment is used, so there was and will be some fine tuning before we can really move through some production runs. We don’t have a dedicated workbench, so Mike (the other half of Mike²) built this workstation:
I’m dying to get busy with the Nova lathe you see on the bottom shelf, but the lathe chisels I have are badly in need of sharpening. I’ll be ordering the grinding wheel attachment for this machine soon.
In the meantime, we put together a few projects:
Mike made the cutting boards and the wine gift boxes. I made the little box but left it unfinished because I’m not sure how I want to finish it. I milled enough lumber to make several of these boxes, but I had problems with the fence setup.
Next week we have a bathroom remodel, so it will probably be a couple of weeks before we can get back to it. Still have to make money before we can play…