The workbench is coming along nicely. Even though what I’m making is actually a prototype, I’ve got a lot of time in it. I intend to actually use this bench for awhile to see if I’m comfortable working with it. If I like it enough, I’ll make a really nice one with proper joinery.
The legs are glued laminations, and I didn’t dress the lumber at all. I don’t have many clamps, so I screwed them together until the glue dried. I also glued and screwed the crossmembers. After all that I removed all the screws and filled the holes.
I should point out that the legs are made up of four pieces. In order to avoid chopping angled mortises, I just cut shorter pieces at the same angle and left a boards-width gap in the center for the stretcher.
It’s still in a fairly rough state, but I’ve done some planing and sawing on it and I’m really happy with how stable it is.